Free shipping to the lower 48 states (USA only)
Free shipping to the lower 48 states (USA only)
Why do we call this the "Self Balancing Handle"? Because it is specifically engineering so that when you flip the quick release clasp and fold the handle back, your Segway retains it's original center of gravity as if it does not have a handle. If you find another option out there it sill not have this feature and if you dismount and let go of your S-Plus, it will take off without you!!!
Riding without the handle requires rock steady footing with your knees constantly ready to control the steering of your Segway. On longer rides this is very uncomfortable and for many of us will cause pain and cramping of the feet and even lower back pain.
Using the handle allows you to keep your feet loose, they don't have to be "perfectly planted" and "ready to steer" and can allow you to wiggle your feet and toes to keep the blood flowing.
Having a handle on your Segway allows you to have a much wider (and thus stable) stance since you no longer have to make contact with your knees. With this handle attached you will likely prefer to hold this wider stance to avoid unnecessary interference with your knees while steering left/right. Most riders with the handle place their feet against or almost against the wheel fenders.
Mobility for the Disabled:
Adding this handle can also give those with certain disabilities the opportunity to get "out and about" much easier. If you can stand up straight and have pretty good balance, then you can ride the S-Plus with this handle and have the freedom to explore. The Segway is also an ADA approved device so be sure to check the link at the top of the page for ADA information. With ADA certification you can even bring a Segway right onto an airplane (unlike a hover board).
· Received my handle today. I can only say what a magnificently spec'ed and manufactured product. You would think it was official Segway product.
· I don't know why Segway does not sell these devices without a handle like their full size units.
· I can barely ride mine without your handle. Thanks so much for making the purchase of my Segway mini not a "complete waste of money" It's a joy to ride now.
· This design is genius!!! And does not interfere with the original functionality of the Segway. And best of all, it blends right in and really does not look like an add on."
· The design of this handlebar unit is brilliant. The hinge makes it so the S-Plus doesn't run away like all Segways with handlebars do. Excellent workmanship. My handlebar unit looks just like it was an original part of the S-Plus.
· Hey Les, the handle came today. You are a genius! This thing is amazing. I had become very comfortable and stable with the plus, but the handle really is a complete game changer. My wife loves it too. I’m ordering another tonight! Thank you again Les!!!
· I recently purchased this S-Plus Handle. I have a disability that makes ambulating distances difficult for me. The Segway, with the handle, is an amazing mobility device. The handle is precision crafted and super easy to assemble. I put my disabled parking placard on the handle to avoid being challenged while riding in the stores. The Segway is ADA approved for a personal mobility device. The handle makes it feel safer and allows me to gage my speed because I have the phone holder option on my handle. The Segway has an app for that! Les was awesome to work with via email when I couldn’t attach the phone holder. It was easy once he explained it. Thank you for such an awesome product!
Handle just arrived. You sir are a master. I am very impressed with the design and quality of the build. Handle looks like a factory built part. I cannot thank you enough for making this happen in time for my daughters birthday. I didn’t know she needed this until I saw it just a few days ago. She is going to love this!
Thanks again for everything
I just wanted to let you know that this handle is absolutely fantastic. The mini plus now drives like a Segway. I can now easily go up rounded curbs, and can go much faster - without the handle I could only go slow, I think because I was afraid to lean forward enough. I thought the motor was weak! Without this I would have probably quit using the Segway, it was just too awkward.
I have Parkinson’s disease, so stiffness, poor balance and difficulty walking. You might think riding a Segway would be a stupid thing for me to do. With your handle I can do things like go with my wife to walk the dog and just zip around the neighborhood (super fun). It gives me back the mobility I’ve lost. I think it will be a real game changer.
So, thank you so much for making this available!
Copyright © 2019 Segway S-plus Handle - All Rights Reserved.
Riding a Segway S-plus is inherently dangerous. By purchasing this item you release the seller of any hold or claim to any sort of liability or damage resulting from the use or any connection to the use of this item or any failure of the item itself or failure that it may cause/inflict.
Powered by GoDaddy